Indoor Air Quality
Air Conditioning Maintenance in Van Nuys, CA
Does your cooling system perform the way it should? Has its efficiency become less than desirable? Do you want to extend the longevity of your system? When it comes to taking care of whole house HVAC systems, you need a professional on your side. At Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical, we offer premier air conditioning maintenance services that keep your system in tip–top shape throughout the long cooling season here in the Van Nuys, CA area. No matter what type of system you have—be it a heat pump, ductless mini split, central air unit, or solar air conditioner—our AC maintenance technicians can service it.
HVAC maintenance is not a luxury or extraneous service. It is absolutely necessary if you want your AC to be kept in good working order throughout its service life. There are a number of benefits to the maintenance service itself as well as the various discounts that accompany your enrollment in our program. Since 1990, we have taken care of the home comfort needs of our local customers, and we continue to maintain a consistently excellent standard today. We stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and our Van Nuys air conditioning maintenance technicians are Safety Sealed. Contact one of our friendly staff members today to learn more about our air conditioner maintenance or to schedule service in the Van Nuys area.
The Van Nuys, CA air conditioning experts at Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical offer quality air conditioning maintenance services throughout the San Fernando Valley area.
Van Nuys Air Conditioning Maintenance Services
Your air conditioner is a large machine full of various components, materials and mechanisms, all of which must cooperate to keep that cool air flowing throughout your living space. Our Van Nuys air conditioning maintenance service is comprehensive, to say the least. Here are a few checklist items.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet.
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary.
- Inspect coil and cabinet—clean as needed.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (including blower housing, blower wheel and motor).
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed.
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary.
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections.
- Clean or replace air filters.
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)—check for leaks.
Real–Time Monitoring of Your Air Conditioner
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge.
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures.
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed.
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps.
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary.
Benefits of Routine AC Maintenance in Van Nuys and the San Fernando Valley
There are numerous benefits to be had by having your AC system routinely maintained by the pros on our team. As dust and other debris begin to accumulate inside your air conditioning system, they significantly reduce the performance and efficiency of your system. Here are just a few of the benefits of our AC maintenance program:
- Reduce monthly energy bills.
- Sustain the longevity of your air conditioner.
- Preserve your air conditioner’s manufacturer warranty.
- Prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Receive a 20% discount on air conditioning repair services.
- Access to priority scheduling.
- Become eligible for exclusive Maintenance Club Dollar Deals.
It’s important to keep your system in good shape, and protecting that investment properly requires professional expertise and care. That’s where we come in. Let us take care of your cooling system so that it is there when you need it most.
Schedule Air Conditioning Maintenance in Van Nuys, CA
Keep your air conditioner running in top order. Simply give us a call to schedule air conditioning maintenance services in Van Nuys, CA and the surrounding area. From inspection and cleaning to air conditioning tune up services, our technicians are the trusted choice for professional maintenance services in LA.
Call Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical today for all of your Air Conditioning Maintenance needs in Van Nuys and the San Fernando Valley area.
Call Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical today for all of your Air Conditioning Maintenance needs in Van Nuys and the San Fernando Valley area.818-780-0701