Air Conditioning Maintenance in Van Nuys, CA
Give us a call today: (818) 446-2099
One of the best perks of being a local, neighborhood business here in Van Nuys, CA is that we really understand homeowner needs. When you contact one of our air conditioning professionals, you'll get service that prioritizes you. We’re known for the following:
- NATE and EPA-certified service.
- Quality service from a local professional.
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee every time.
We make sure that our air conditioning maintenance meets your expectations, checks all the relevant parts, and keeps your system in immaculate condition. It’s also a great idea to ask about our maintenance plan when you contact us to schedule an appointment.
Call our certified service technicians for exceptional customer service!
Van Nuys Air Conditioning Maintenance Services
Your air conditioner is a large machine full of various components, materials, and mechanisms, all of which must cooperate to keep that cool air flowing throughout your living space. Our Van Nuys air conditioning maintenance service is comprehensive. Here are a few checklist items.
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary.
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet.
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings—remove obstructions as necessary.
- Inspect coil and cabinet—clean as needed.
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage—on older models lubricate as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage.
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (including blower housing, blower wheel, and motor).
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed.
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary.
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan, and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring, and connections.
- Clean or replace air filters.
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork)—check for leaks.
Real-Time Monitoring of Your Air Conditioner
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge.
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures.
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed.
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps.
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Provide system operation report and recommend repairs or replacement as necessary.
Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning & Electric is proud to serve Sherman Oaks, California and other surrounding areas.
- Canoga Park
- Granada Hills
- Lake Balboa
- North Hills
- North Hollywood
- Panorama City
- Porter Ranch
- San Fernando Valley
- Sherman Oaks
- Silver Lake
- Studio City
- Toluca Lake
- Universal City
- Valley Village
- Van Nuys
- Winnetka and Woodland Hills
have pledged my loyalty to Kilowatt. I won't even bother with anyone else. Thanks!- Shannon M.
Give them a chance to earn your business, you won't be disappointed!!- Brian Z.
Very personable, friendly, courteous and helpful. Gave me an estimate that was not exceeded at the end.- Marty L.
Wow!! My mom's AC went out on the hottest holiday weekend. I called dozens of AC companies, left messages and no return calls.- Robin L.
Our team is proud to help with Spanish services.
Do weekdays not work for you? We can see you on the weekend!
We back all of our services with a warranty for your peace of mind.
Emergencies don't wait for office hours. You shouldn't have to either.
Benefits of Routine AC Maintenance in Van Nuys and the San Fernando Valley
There are numerous benefits to be had by having your AC system routinely maintained by the pros on our team. As dust and other debris begin to accumulate inside your air conditioning system, they significantly reduce its performance and efficiency. Here are just a few of the benefits of our AC maintenance program:
- Reduce monthly energy bills.
- Sustain the longevity of your air conditioner.
- Preserve your air conditioner’s manufacturer warranty.
- Prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Receive a 20% discount on air conditioning repair services.
- Access to priority scheduling.
- Become eligible for exclusive Maintenance Club Dollar Deals.
It’s important to keep your system in good shape, and protecting that investment properly requires professional expertise. That’s where we come in. Let us take care of your cooling system so that it is there when you need it most and doesn’t break down during the summer heat, requiring emergency AC repairs.
Learn more about all of the services we offer.