Indoor Air Quality
In The Community
Guide Dogs of America
Dean Gilford, the president of Kilowatt and his family raised a guide dog puppy for Guide Dogs of America in Sylmar California. http://guide–dog–puppy.blogspot.com/ attached is an article written for our newsletter about Poppy.
Little Free Library
We have a Little Free Library in front of our main office that is always in need of middle school aged books. Our neighbors, Ivy Bound Academy’s students use the library the most, but everyone is welcome to Leave a book, Take a book or both! http://littlefreelibrary.org/
A Million Thanks
Just drop your caring letters off at our building, located in Sherman Oaks right where the 101 and the 405 cross paths. In fact when you come down the off–ramp of the 101onto Sepulveda we are the only building you see.If you want to write a note of appreciation and encouragement to a wounded veteran or an active duty soldier, we make sure it gets into the right hands.Kilowatt is an official drop–off location for A Million Thanks, a year–round campaign to show appreciation for our U.S. Military Men and Women, past and present, for their sacrifices, dedication, and service to our country. Over 5 million letters have been sent so far.
Kilowatt – 4925 Sepulveda Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
If we are working for you, feel free to give your letter to the Kilowatt representative and it will be delivered. Thank you in advance for your participation.
Here are a few helpful letter writing guidelines:
1. Do not put letters in individual envelopes. Send multiple letters together in the same envelope or box, but please bundle the letters in stacks of 50 with rubberbands to keep them together.
2. Do not send edible items.
3. Do not use loose glitter, confetti, or anything that is not attached to the letter or card.
4. Only include positive messages. Any negative messages will be discarded.
5. Be creative! Draw pictures, talk about you, and let them know their service does not go unnoticed.
6. Include your address or email address if you wish. Most military will write back to you!
7. Parents and/or teachers of young children: We ask that if children are too young to include a message of thanks, please write one on their behalf so our service members get a message along with a drawing.
8. Holiday cards should be dropped–off a full month (30 days) before the holiday.
Calabasas Elementary School’s 5th grade class wrote these beautiful letters to our active duty soldiers and wounded veterans. We are honored to help deliver them through the "Million Thanks" organization.