We’ve started to experience our first true cool fall days during the past few weeks. Although the Southern California temperatures will never drop down much farther than 50°F during the winter, those temperatures still make it necessary to have a working heater for a house—especially for older homes that don’t have enough insulation to keep out drafts.
November is the best month to prepare your heating system to ensure uninterrupted warmth when you need it and energy bills that won’t get out of control. And this means it’s time for … heating system maintenance! We want to make sure you don’t forget to schedule your heater maintenance in Encino, CA, a job that often escapes people’s minds in our milder weather. We have a long history in HVAC services, and we understand how beneficial routine maintenance is.
November Is the Ideal Time to Schedule Maintenance
We want to stress that there is no “wrong” time for heating maintenance. The only requirement is you have it done annually. But November is arguably the month when you’ll find it easiest to have it done and the most beneficial:
- November weather is still warm enough that you won’t need to worry about having the heater out for service for the short period it takes for us to complete maintenance.
- It’s near enough to the start of the colder weather that your heater will be in prime shape.
- Our technicians have less busy schedules taking care of AC and heating emergencies, which makes it easier for you to find a convenient time for maintenance.
Why Annual Heating Maintenance Is So Important
HVAC maintenance—whether for cooling or heating systems—is one of the most important services we offer. It removes many worries and troubles you might otherwise encounter over the season, and the service soon pays for itself with the money it saves you on repairs, heating bills, and a too-early replacement for your system.
Here are a few problems you’ll avoid when you keep up with maintenance:
- A heater that fails years too early: A heating system’s lifespan can be cut by half if the system doesn’t have routine cleanings and adjustments to slow down its aging.
- Preventable repairs: Did you know that the majority of repairs a heater may need during its service life can be prevented thanks to maintenance?
- Safety concerns: A gas-powered furnace must have annual inspections from professionals to see that the system will work safely through the season.
- Higher heating costs: Lack of maintenance will lead to a gradual decline in system energy efficiency, and that means a rise in your utility bills.
- A voided warranty: To maintain the manufacturer’s warranty on a heating system, you need to have routine professional service for it.
We offer different tiers of maintenance programs to help make regular HVAC maintenance easier for you. You’ll not only receive regular maintenance visits that keep your heating and cooling systems in top shape, but you’ll also enjoy special benefits such as discounts on repairs on priority service scheduling.
Call our certified service technicians 24/7 for exceptional customer service! Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical serves Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.