We know that mentioning the words “heating” or “furnace” right now may make you start to sweat. We just came through a hot summer in Southern California and the beginning of fall is also striking us with heat waves. You want to think of words like “cool” and “air conditioning,” not about anything connected to your home’s heating system.
But, although it may seem like cold weather will never arrive when the temperatures are this hot, it’s still on the way. You can feel thankful that you won’t have to deal with sub-freezing temperatures in sunny SoCal, but we do get our share of days and nights when heating systems need to come on, especially for homes located near the beach.
This is all to say that now is the time to think about scheduling heater maintenance in Encino, CA. Maintenance won’t make your house hotter while it’s going on—but it will help to keep your house warm and energy-efficient when the heater does eventually need to turn on.
Heating Maintenance Essentials
What makes heating maintenance every fall so important? These are the essential reasons:
- Safety: Safety always comes first, and this applies in particular to the most common type of home heating system—the gas furnace. Maintenance inspections look for potential hazards with a furnace such as cracks in the heat exchanger, stuck gas valves, blocked exhaust vents, and gas line leaks. Electric furnaces need safety checks as well, since they can create electrical fires.
- Efficiency: Don’t pay more to heat your home than you have to. Maintenance provides the cleaning and adjustments necessary to prevent your heating system from losing its energy efficiency in the coming winter. When you stay current with maintenance, your furnace will retain 95% of its efficiency for most of its lifespan.
- Reliability: How often do you want to call for repairs for your heater? Silly question: the answer is “zero times.” Although nothing can prevent all heating repair needs, maintenance does the most to stop them. More than half the repairs your heating system may require to keep running dependably can be prevented with maintenance.
- Capacity: A heater will work at its peak capacity only if it has regular maintenance. Neglect will lead to the heater performing worse over time until it finally fails.
- Longevity: A heating system won’t reach its estimated service life unless it has maintenance. In fact, it may end up failing in half the time.
- Warranty: To keep the warranty in force on a heater requires being able to show proof of routine maintenance.
Schedule Maintenance Today—It’s Easy
Our HVAC maintenance program not only simplifies your heating (and air conditioning) maintenance, it comes with special membership perks: priority scheduling, a 20% discount on necessary repairs, and access to special dollar deals only available to members. Call us today to learn more about details and pricing, and we’ll get you set up with a convenient appointment for your heating maintenance visit.
Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical serves Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley. Contact us today to schedule your fall heating system maintenance.