Do you want to bring your home life to a halt this summer because you need an emergency AC repair in Van Nuys, CA—or elsewhere in our service area? Of course you don’t, although you can always rely on our technicians to come through for you in case this happens.
But we’re here to talk about repair prevention today, and that’s only part of what you’ll get when you have your AC maintained before the summer heat arrives.
AC Maintenance Is an Annual Job
“Time for maintenance … already?” Yes, time does fly. And yes, this service is necessary every year. An air conditioning system does an immense amount of work each summer in Southern California. It’s hard to imagine a summer without the sound of the whir of an AC’s compressor. All the stress and strain placed on an air conditioner will cause it to deteriorate and age rapidly unless it has regular care to inspect it and give it a tune-up each year. That’s what professional maintenance does.
To give you an idea of how important it is to schedule AC maintenance annually, here’s what can happen to an air conditioner that goes without maintenance:
- Extra, unnecessary repairs: Did you know that more than 50% of the repairs air conditioners need during their service lives are due to lack of maintenance? All those repairs carry a hefty price tag, and all it takes is regular maintenance to make them disappear.
- Higher operating costs: A central AC uses, on average, 3,500 watts of electricity per hour to run. If an air conditioner doesn’t have routine cleaning and tune-ups, it will lose its energy efficiency and begin to consume far more—and that will run up your utility bills. Maintenance allows an AC to keep 95% of its original efficiency through most of its lifespan.
- Unreliable performance: We’re back to the scenario we started with at the top of this blog post—an AC that abruptly stops working during the summer. This is a big risk you take when you don’t have the air conditioner inspected for potential troubles and given a thorough tune-up before the summer. The peace of mind alone is worth the cost of maintenance.
- Voided warranty: The warranty for an AC covers malfunctions that are due to manufacturer faults. But your warranty may no longer be valid if the air conditioner hasn’t received routine maintenance. You might end up stuck with a bill the warranty would have covered.
- An early demise: Finally, lack of maintenance means a system that ages faster and will end up needing to be replaced years early. Instead of an AC that lasts for 15 years, you may have to replace it after only seven or eight.
Schedule Your Maintenance Today
We have an excellent air conditioning and heating maintenance program to take care of your comfort around the year. We offer different tiers for one to three systems, and you’ll also enjoy special membership benefits like discounts on repairs and priority scheduling. Reach out today and get your AC prepped for the summer.
Call our certified service technicians 24/7 for exceptional customer service! Kilowatt Heating, Air Conditioning and Electrical serves Los Angeles and the San Fernando valley.