A new air conditioning installation offers several benefits, one of which is being able to choose a new system that may be different than one you’ve used previously, and that fits your current needs better. There are several types of air conditioning systems available for residential use, and each has its own benefits. One type that has become popular over the last few years is the ductless system. Ductless mini-splits can offer both heating and cooling, which is just one of several benefits of the system. We’ll explain more about the system below, but if you are interested in a ductless system, call the professionals who can help you from start to finish: Kilowatt.
Some Benefits of a Ductless System
Here are some benefits a ductless system offers:
- No need for ductwork – as the name states, the system does not use ductwork to deliver the air. Instead, individual blowers that are about 35” long deliver the air.
- Customized cooling and heating – the indoor blowers of a ductless system operate individually. This allows you to cool the area you want at the temperature you want. This kind of cooling is equivalent to a having a zone control system.
- Easy installation – the installation for a ductless system is straightforward: an outdoor unit similar to a traditional split system resides outside, and the indoor blowers are mounted to a wall or hung from a ceiling. A small hole, about 3” wide, is drilled through an exterior wall to connect the blower to the outdoor unit via a conduit. A single outdoor blower supports up to 4 indoor blowers.
- Quiet – indoor blowers are made to be very quiet, so there’s no worry about excessive noise when they are running.
- Easy maintenance – the blowers are easily accessible for cleaning and have washable filters.
The best way to determine if a ductless system is for you is to consult with a professional. Call Kilowatt today and schedule service for your ductless mini-split system in Los Angeles with one of our experts.